Though cleared, Redskins will go easy with RG3

Though cleared, Redskins will go easy with RG3

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Robert Griffin III put on his knee brace and passed the perfunctory Washington Redskins conditioning test on the eve of training camp, then declared he has ”nothing left to prove” – at least physically – in his return from major knee surgery.

That’s doesn’t mean he’s all the way back.

Griffin said Wednesday he won’t participate in 11-on-11 drills in the early days of camp and likely won’t play in any preseason games. The quarterback who likes to keep the throttle wide open is going to have to exercise a bit more patience as he and coach Mike Shanahan – who have shared blame for how Griffin got hurt – try to work together to get him on the field for the regular season opener Sept. 9.

”They want to make sure we’re not doing anything too soon that we don’t have to do,” Griffin said. ”Let some of these other guys get ready for the preseason. If it comes around that I’m ready to go, then maybe in the third preseason game, but as far as my understanding goes, preseason’s really not even in the air. … I think Coach feels like I can play without any preseason, so there no need really for that. Patience is the key.”

Griffin had reconstructive surgery on two ligaments in January after injuring his right knee multiple times in a playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Team doctors and coaches cleared him for practice within the last week, setting a remarkable pace for a rehab that can typically take a year or more.

”In my mind there’s nothing left to prove,” Griffin said. ”And that’s the way you have to approach the game when you’re coming off of an injury. If you pass the test, then in your mind, you feel like you’re ready to go.”

But Shanahan is determined to play it safe with his franchise quarterback, having said he wants to make sure Griffin is 100 percent before playing in a game. Shanahan will meet with reporters Thursday, but Griffin appeared to lay out the key points in the latest important conversation between player and coach.

”I think we’re on the same page,” Griffin said. ”When we sat down and talked about what I was going to do in training camp and the weeks to follow, it was a good moment for me because of all the hard work had paid off. And they’re going to allow me to get back out there and do what I do, and that’s play football and just have fun with the guys.

”We all made mistakes last season. We all understand that. We all talked about it, and it’s time to move on. … Me and Mike Shanahan‘s relationship is paramount to this team being successful.”

Shanahan was not only criticized for leaving Griffin in the Seahawks game too long, but there was also scrutiny over whether the Redskins’ offense – along with Griffin’s aggressiveness – left him too vulnerable. He led the team to its first division title in 13 years, but he missed all or parts of four games with various injuries.

”The goal is longevity in the league. You also want to win,” Griffin said. ”And so, as a quarterback, I don’t like to conform and say you can’t win outside the pocket. I think you can win

Lorenzo out of German MotoGP, needs more surgery

Lorenzo out of German MotoGP, needs more surgery

MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo has withdrawn from Sunday’s German grand prix and needs another operation on his left shoulder after he crashed in practice at the Sachsenring on Friday.

 The Spanish Yamaha rider, who is second in this year’s standings behind compatriot Dani Pedrosa of Honda after seven of 18 races, was running quickest in the afternoon session but lost control at turn 10 and landed heavily on his left shoulder.

 “The Mallorcan was taken to the Clinica Mobile, where examinations indicated that the eight screws in his shoulder were in tact but that the titanium plate itself had been bent by the impact,” organisers said on the MotoGP website (www.motogp.com).

 The 26-year-old had the screws and plate inserted two weeks ago after sustaining a broken collarbone in practice for the Assen grand prix and despite the injury flew back to Netherlands after surgeryin Barcelona and finished fifth.

After the setback in Germany, he now faces a race to be fit in time for the U.S. grand prix at Laguna Seca next weekend.

“I have decided to go home and recover after today’s crash at Sachsenring,” Lorenzo said on the Yamaha Factory Racing website (www.yamahamotogp.com).

“I prefer to focus on surgery to fix the plate that was unfortunately bent during the crash. I will try to recover and be back as soon as possible.”

Suitable price, Rodgers Release Suarez?

Suitable price, Rodgers Release Suarez?

Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers gives the signal if they are ready to sell Luis Suarez if the incoming bid for Uruguayan striker was later deemed suitable.
Suarez ended last season with 10 penalties related controversial fight that he received due to bite Chelsea defender, Branislav Ivanovic. And this summer called relentless speculation the 26-year striker ready leave from Anfield.
Rodgers himself had no intention of removing Suarez insists, although he also does not preclude it. “Unless there is a bid that comes close to the value, then there’s no need to be considered – and we have not found it. So this time, he was back in the team and report to training at the right time, “he told The Daily Star.
But Rodgers insists if the priority is to defend Suarez on Merseyside. “He is a player who clearly had a lot of talk and speculation accompanying pause throughout the season. But the reality is he is very respected player in Liverpool, “added the former coach of Swansea.

Will Kobe Bryant look out for Lakers?

Will Kobe Bryant look out for Lakers?

This week, with the release of the official salary cap numbers and onset of formal contract signings, was supposed to bring clarity to the NBA. Instead it left us debating the kind of obligations not covered by the collective bargaining agreement, a hazy realm of morals and values.

You could gather as many lawyers and accountants as you want and you still couldn’t come up with a definitive answer to the question: What do the Lakers owe Kobe Bryant? Conversely, how much does he owe them?

These are the central questions governing the Lakers as they make their key decisions for the next few years. Should they go all-out for another championship in Kobe’s shrinking window among the league’s elite, or should they embark on a long-term strategy to win down the road? Should Kobe forsake the fair compensation coming his way in order to facilitate the Lakers’ moves?

The Lakers have paid Bryant a quarter of a billion dollars during his NBA career. They’ve put him in position to win five championships. In return he has played through every circumstance short of being strapped to a hospital gurney, and has scored more points than all but three players in the history of the league.

So far it appears the Lakers are operating under the premise that they’re beholden to Bryant, the guy they’ve been tied to since 1996. It’s not the way things usually work in Los Angeles, where spouses and leased cars are often returned at a similar rate. The Lakers used their one-time amnesty provision on Metta World Peace‘s $7.7 million salary, even though taking Bryant’s $30 million off the books would have had a more dramatic financial impact and still provided an opportunity for him to return in 2014-15.

A promise to cut Kobe loose (along with axing Mike D’Antoni) also would have been a much more meaningful sign to Dwight Howard than those “Stay” billboards that the Lakers were committed to the center.

Dramatic moves? Surely. But if you think about it, they would have been no different from what the Lakers did in 2004 when they were desperate to retain Kobe. They let Phil Jackson go and traded Shaquille O’Neal to Miami. When it came to choosing between Kobe and Shaq, the Lakers went with the 25-year-old over the 32-year-old. They also went with the more popular of the two. Lakers fans were infatuated with Kobe, and growing increasingly frustrated with Shaq.

Kobe won the crowd. And if there were any doubts that he still holds exalted status, he quelled those when he made his way out to the Lakers bench on crutches, shortly after Howard was ejected from the Lakers’ final playoff game. The crowd responded with its loudest cheer of the day.

It’s why the Lakers are riding with Bryant, who turns 35 next month and is coming off a major injury, over the 27-year-old Howard, who sent neither the franchise nor its fan base into mourning when he decided to leave for Houston. It’s also because Howard built no equity with the Lakers. He didn’t win a single playoff game.

Accomplishments don’t always mean obligations. Paul Pierce played 1,102 games for theBoston Celtics, helped them hang their 17th championship banner, scored more points in the green and white jersey than anyone other than John Havlicek — and yet those things didn’t allow

Raikkonen was asked not to move to Red Bull

Raikkonen was asked not to move to Red Bull

Lotus Kimi Raikkonen tried to convince to stay on the team and did not move to Red Bull.
“In the last two years we managed to close the gap to Red Bull. And we continue to catch up with this,” said Eric Boullier, Lotus boss told the BBC.
Raikkonen speculation of a move to Red Bull’s Mark Webber came after deciding not to renew his contract with Red Bull.
Click Webber will leave Formula 1 at the end of this year and will jump in NASCAR.
With Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso team, Raikkonen is considered as an ideal replacement for Webber.
end of August
Click Raikkonen record of achievement is quite impressive and for a while was in third position in the championship under the Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Boullier said that Raikkonen at Lotus future will be decided before August.
“He’s old enough to decide what is best for him. Sides There is a positive side and a negative if he decided to move to Red Bull next year,” said Boullier.
Beyond the technical factors, Boullier said there was a problem between Lotus and Raikkonen related payroll but Boullier confirmed that the salary arrears is now complete.
Red Bull Webber himself said a replacement will be announced in late August.

The Doctor Talking Himself Motivation

The Doctor Talking Himself Motivation

Yamaha Factory Racing rider, Valentino Rossi claimed not hard to find the motivation to be able to go fast in MotoGP. Through the interview on his personal website, he claims could not imagine if he had to work outside the racing world.
“My job is my passion. I can not do it other than that. I love anything related to the world of racing, riding motorcycles, working with my team and life in the paddock. Not hard to find motivation. I just want to go fast, “he said.
In the interview, Rossi also argued riders today are more serious and professional, even higher level of their competition. So far Rossi does have to compete with Dani Pedrosa, Jorge Lorenzo, Casey Stoner and Marc Marquez.
“There are three generations can be compared. I am the oldest generation. I fight with Loris Capirossi, Sete Gibernau and Max Biaggi, although at that time I was younger. Furthermore, there is Jorge, Dani and Casey. While Marc is representative of most young. The difference is, today more professional rider. They practice harder and higher levels of competition, “he said.
Until now, Rossi is ranked fifth in the driver standings with 101 points. He left behind 37 points from the standings, the Repsol Honda debut, Marquez.

Champion in Monte Carlo, Nadal Djokovic Dominance Break

Champion in Monte Carlo, Nadal Djokovic Dominance Break

Monte Carlo – Novak Djokovic came out as the winner in the Monte Carlo Masters after beating Rafael Nadal in the final. Djokovic’s success made ​​him break the dominance of Nadal, who had so long triumphed.

In the match at the Monte Carlo Country Club on Sunday (04/21/2013) night local time, Djokovic was very good. Instead, Nadal like having anticlimactic and many make their own mistakes. Djokovic won in straight sets 6-2, 7-6 in 1 hour and 52 minutes.

The first set Djokovic completely overpowered. He is so easy to accelerate from the start and winning 5-0. Although Nadal had won two games later, Djokovic did not waste the opportunity and seize this set.

In the second set, Nadal began to flourish. He broke Djokovic to lead 3-2 and then won the next game.

Two points ahead, Nadal could not take advantage of the momentum. Djokovic could equalize 4-4. Djokovic finally managed to end the game after he won the tie-break with the score 7-1.

This is the first title Djokovic in this tournament. World number one tennis player’s son also ended the dominance of Nadal, who has eight consecutive years always champion in Monte Carlo.

It is also the third title Djokovic this year. Previously, he was a champion at the Australian Open and Dubai Tennis Championships.

Witnessed More Viewers, NBL Rises

Witnessed More Viewers, NBL Rises

Jakarta – Indonesia’s second season NBL claimed to attract more viewers. The data presented league manager, PT Detection Basketball Cross (DBL) Indonesia, which mentions that the audience grew 50% compared to the NBL previous season.

If the inaugural season in 2010/2011 a total audience reached 103 414 people, the national basketball league season has recorded 151 369 spectators watched. This calculation is done after the event Championship Seris in Yogyakarta over the weekend. DBL party also thinks this achievement as something extraordinary.

“In just two years, NBL Indonesia is able to get a place in the hearts of basketball fans. They kept coming, and invite other enthusiasts, to watch the match live in the stadium, “said Azrul Ananda, director of DBL Indonesia and PT Indonesian NBL commissioner, in a release received detikSport.

“The number of spectators is arguably extraordinary. League long, Indonesian Basketball League or IBL, only able to reach 250 viewers per day,” he continued.

Azrul later revealed that the growth was helped by the audience ditambahnya one more series, which is in Palembang. Noted, there are 12,000 people who watched the series straight there.

“The new city this season, Palembang, capable of making an audience of more than 12 thousand people. Looks are not crowded, because the stadium is so big. But the total number of viewers still good, “said Azrul.

Meanwhile, Surabaya penghelat noted for the series with the highest number of viewers. Noted, there suck 25000 series viewers. ari first series of Surabaya, the game presents CLS Knights Surabaya Good Day versus Satria Muda Britama Jakarta, more than 6,200 spectators witnessed the DBL Arena in Surabaya.

“It’s hard to break that record again in the next season. But with the rapid growth of the audience, anything can be achieved. We will continue to deliver the best spectacle for fans of Indonesian basketball. Schedule and venue Flexi NBL Indonesia 2012-2013 we will immediately announce, “he said.

Three New Arrivals Enliven ABL

Three New Arrivals Enliven ABL

Jakarta – Competition ASEAN Basketball League (ABL) season will be more stringent than the previous two seasons, as there are three new teams competing.

Three new teams are San Miguel Beermen (Philippines), Bangkok Basketball Holdings (Thailand), and Saigon Sports Academy Basketball (Vietnam).

They will join the AirAsia Philippine Patriots, Westports KL Dragons, Chang Thailand Slammers, Singapore Slingers and the Indonesia Warriors (last season named Satria Muda BritAma).

ABL’s third season of competition is unlikely to be followed by the Brunei Barracudas. Brunei has decided not to take part in this season.

“The entry of a strong team like San Miguel from the Philippines and the new team of Vietnam and Thailand show that the ABL has been turned into a gladiator ring basketball at the regional level are accompanied with great ambition to be the best in ASEAN,” said ABL CEO Kuhan Foo a news conference in Hotel Mulia Senayan, Monday (09/26/2011).

Meanwhile, SEABA President Erick Thohir ABL participants expect the increase will be accompanied by increased quality competition.

“We did not want to add to the team but the quality of the competition is declining. Moreover, joining a team that is big teams,” said Erick.

“The purpose of the ABL one of which is to improve the quality of local players in order to compete at a higher level. Therefore, we want to make sure that the additions do not make quality competition team down,” he added.

ABL competition was about to begin its third season on January 14, 2012. This is to give an opportunity to the players to defend their country in the event the SEA Games in 2011.

Increasing the number of participants also made ​​the competition so much longer duration. If last season’s competition completed in four months, on the third season of competition will later lasted six months.